Schlosshotel Igls Country getaways minutes from Innsbruck
Retired Adventurers, Luxury Skiiers, Business Couples
Reason to Stay:
Removed Location, Historic Hotel, Holistic Spa
Preferred Room:Junior Suite
Special Features:Historic Hotel, Luxury Spa, Ski Shuttle, Country Setting
Amenities:Pool, Spa, Lounge, Bar
The Schlosshotel Igls rises above an Alpine landscape close to Innsbruck where a spa and culinary getaway awaits in the most picturesque of mountain settings. What looks like a regal mountain residence in summer with its crisp white façade in a sea of green lawns and manicured gardens erupts into a winter landscape of endless snow come winter. A grand marble foyer leads to a reception captures in tiffany blue walls with ornate Hapsburg-inspired furnishings in velvety colors of caramel and royal red.
Schlosshotel Igls is home to two Relais Chateaux branded eateries including the Schlosshotel Restaurant open by day and night with its walnut paneling and gold sconces surrounded a formal room of high-back bronze-upholstered chairs and white-clothed tables serving cuisine from veal rouladen to local venison fillets.
Summer days are spent wandering the hills and village of Igls, above the city of Innsbruck that's still close enough to run into for a night on the town. Winter offers the local ski towns of Patscherkofel, Nordpark, Schlick 2000 as well as the Stubai Glacier or Axamer Lizum which can easily be reached with the hotel's ski bus. Closer to the hotel, there's also tobogganing, winter hiking, cross-country skiing and Christmastime sleigh rides.
A small hotel by any measure, just 18 rooms within the castle are composed of fabric-covered walls and colorful wood detailing that enwraps formal living spaces with working fireplaces and large picture windows facing exaggerated mountain and valley vistas. You’ll want to book into at least the junior suite category with pitched ceiling and sperate living and sleeping areas as well as an office alcove tucked under the gabled roofline. Simple marble bathrooms are similar to what you find in most Austrian luxury hotels, small of frill but built to last forever.
Top 10 Lists
- Hotel Openings - March 2015 Peninsula does Paris, Starck in Vegas, Thompson Miami; season's best new hotels
- Top-10 Hotel Design Wonders The World's Best Architecturual Hotels and Resorts
- Top-10 Hotels for Solo Travelers Top Hotel Getaways for the Single Luxury Traveler
- Top-10 Fashion Week Hotel Hotspots Hotels that define Fashion Week from NY and Paris to Tokyo and Milan
- Top-10 Fashion Designer Hotels Designer hoteliers that make a mark across the globe
- Ultimate Wedding Destinations From Europe to South America; the world's best weddings and honeymoon destinations