Las Ventanas al Paraíso Design and architecture at posh Cabo resort
Eva Mendes, Sara Jessica Parker, Jennifer Lopez
Reason to Stay:
Interior Designer, Private Residences, Celebrity Getaway
Luxury Beach Resort
Preferred Room:Beachfront Suite
Special Features:Upscale Designer, Architectural Resort, Private Butlers, Yacht Service
Amenities:Restaurant, Pool, Spa, Wine Bar, Pool, Private Beach, Sedan Service
Arrival to Las Ventanas al Paraíso begins with their VIP pickup at the airport courtesy of the hotel's fleet of specially blinged-out Mercedes G-Class SUVs that arrives to a dramatic all-white motor court with stoic native cactus that creates an air of calm amongst staff hurrying about with luggage and silver tray of champagne or aqua fresca.
An open-air reception with its Dorothy Churchill-Johnson artwork and mural by native artist Fernando Andriacci feels the most Mexican Riviera of Cabo's Palmillia and Esperanza competition with glimpses of ocean blue through sparse lounges arranged in a luxury-spin on native furnishings that please that sophisticated design eye without losing its inherent Mexican charm.
All about service, Las Ventanas offers some of the best one-off amenities we've ever heard of in the hotel business. A free-form pool area looks like an architectural watercolor facing one of the area's more swimable, but not advised, beaches with glittering sunbathing scene with pool butlers that serves the latest tabloid du jour between frozen chocolate sorbet cups and lemon grass popsicles.
Slightly larger than Esperanza, the resort facilities and hotel complez of Las Ventanas’ total of 71 rooms featuring an Aegean meets Sea of Cortez feel with mostly-white living and sleeping areas with intricate mosaic stone detailing, rafter ceiling and wood-burning fireplaces facing the occasional outdoor plunge pool or rooftop Jacuzzi. The hotel has its own 3-yacht fleet for private excursions ala James Bond.
Spa-minded luxury resort closest to Cabo San Lucas
Cabo resort by Auberge du Soleil and Calistoga Ranch owners
Editorial: Michael Martin
Aniston and Cruise loved historic Cabo hideaway
Historic Cabo resort recaptured in Hollywood luxury
Editorial: Michael Martin
Top 10 Lists
- Hotel Openings - April 2015 La Reserve does Paris, Soho House Istanbul; season's best new hotels
- Top-10 Hotel Design Wonders The World's Best Architecturual Hotels and Resorts
- Top-10 Hotels for Solo Travelers Top Hotel Getaways for the Single Luxury Traveler
- Top-10 Fashion Week Hotel Hotspots Hotels that define Fashion Week from NY and Paris to Tokyo and Milan
- Top-10 Fashion Designer Hotels Designer hoteliers that make a mark across the globe
- Ultimate Wedding Destinations From Europe to South America; the world's best weddings and honeymoon destinations