Florida Room Rock star revamps Delano lobby bar
Dominating the local hotel market for much of the last decade, Miami's Delano Hotel recently embarked on an ambitious remodel that included many of the hotel's lounge and restaurant spaces. Teaming up with bad-boy rocker Lenny Kravitz, the hotel officially opened its Florida Room in early 2008 just off the infamous lobby area and pool deck. After a rocky and quiet start, the bar took off by mid-summer with a series of private parties and soirées that ramped-up its social standings.
A mirrored ceiling of smoky glass and crystal chandelier bring a refined vibe to plank-floored space with its cozy bistro tables and rattan bar stools that at times feels like a Buenos Aires tango bar. With a wink and a nod to classic Floridian design, elements of deco glamour envelope the single-room piano bar has hosted star-partiers like Jamie Foxx and Lindsay Lohan. Each night a variety of live music performances take place ranging from a solo piano man at the Lucite baby grand to celebrity DJs spinning the night away with acid rock and Ronson tracks.
Delano hotel lounge gets a ritzy rock makeover by design firm fronted by rocker Lenny Kravitz.
Old school dance lounges ushers in new SoBe era
Tough door, well-connected crowd in South Beach underground
Editorial: Ann Vine
Sexy, intimate dance lounge with rotating DJ line-up
NY's EMM Group brings SL to South Beach
Editorial: Ann Vine
Erick Morillo, Calvin Harris headline at top Miami club
Vegas-style dance club along Miami’s Collins Avenue
Editorial: Ryan Styler
Top 10 Lists
- New Nightlife - November 2014 Leonora NYC, SLS in Vegas; the best of new October nightlife
- Best of Paris Nightlife From retro lounges to VIP romps, the best of Paris nightlife
- World's Best Rooftop Bars Nightlife that's literally atop the rest of the world
- Top-10 Miami Hotspots The season's hottest restaurants, hotels and nightlife
- Las Vegas Pool Clubs - 2014 The sexiest Summer Pool Clubs on the Las Vegas Strip
- Hollywood's Hottest Nightclubs Longest Lines and Tightest Doors of LA Nightlife