Ginger 62 Granville nightclub known for grandeur
hours8pm-1am, Thu. - Sat.
If you listen to any of the chatter around the Granville coffeehouses, you'll quickly associate Ginger 62 with wild weekend parties and a notorious doorman that separates groups of friends like Gestapo at Bergen-Belsen. With no valet, visitors scrounge around the local neighborhood looking for free parking and then making the inevitably long schlep to the club. It helps to secure a slot of the guest list via the website before braving entrance, easing your way into a lounge-theme cocktail and tapas bar that's been one of the hottest clubs in Vancouver since opening in 2006. The space is divided between several intimate lounge rooms in a mix of Morocco meets the Marais complete with oversize red sofas, upholstered poufs, and ornate chairs in ruby-colored crushed velvet. With exposed brick walls, rafter ceiling and checker-board floors, the main bar is a long and elaborate space with gold-emblazoned emblems and glass bubbles suspended over clean-cut bartenders flexing their biceps while pouring Prosecco and Moet by the glass.
Glam dance lounge offers decadent decor and ghetto-theme dance parties on Granville.
Peter Girges does late-night champagne society
Vancouver restaurateur dresses-up Yaletown nightlife
Editorial: Ann Vine
Granville nightclub known for grandeur
Weekend dance parties lure Vancouver's showy-set
Editorial: Jan Hoffmann
Guilt & Co.
Sexy underground stage and bar in Gastown
Boutique live stage at underground Vancouver bar
Editorial: Ann Vine
Top 10 Lists
- New Nightlife - May 2013 NY to Tokyo, hot new nighctlubs standout for the season
- Best of Paris Nightlife Our Top-10 bars and dance clubs in Paris
- World's Top-10 Rooftop Bars Nightlife that's literally atop the rest of the world
- Top-10 Miami Hotspots Where to be seen in America's sexiest city
- Ibiza Summer Hotspots 2013 Where it happened in summer Ibiza
- Las Vegas Pool Clubs Best Summer Pool Clubs on the Strip for 2013