Marmalade Barcelona dance spot mimics ‘20s Havana
From the owner of Barcelona's hip Milk Bar, Marmalade is a sultry and sexy space divided into a small dining room and warehouse-style lounge with billiards bar. Visitors arrive to a tinted-glass entrance leading to a long galley-style dining room with edgy design elements that mix terracotta tiles with exposed rafter ceiling and Catalonian antiques. In the rear of the space is an antique billiard table opposite a massive bar and lounge with tufted sofas, copper clad walls and art deco bar that lends a Havana-meets-Harlem in the 20s vibe.
Once a well-known furniture in the La Rambla del Raval, the nightspot begins the night as a popular happy hour romp from a hip crowd of office workers before transitioning into a tapas-style restaurant in the late-evening. By 11pm the space turns to stillness before revving back to life around 1am with an influx of leggy local in leather mini-skirts and unshaven boyfriends in hipster hats that dance the night away with rock and pop anthems by Barcelona's top DJ talent.
Popular nightclub offers dinner and dancing for Barcelona's celebrity-set.
Angels and Kings
Barcelona dance club with NYC reputation
All-black dance club and 6th floor pool lounge
Editorial: Michael Martin
Barcelona dance spot mimics ‘20s Havana
Nightclub and tapas bar in Barcelona's El Rival
Editorial: Ann Vine
Grupo Costa Este does movie star lounge in Eixample
Former Opium Cinema gets glitzy new lounge groove
Editorial: Ryan styler
Top 10 Lists
- New Nightlife - May 2013 NY to Tokyo, hot new nighctlubs standout for the season
- Best of Paris Nightlife Our Top-10 bars and dance clubs in Paris
- World's Top-10 Rooftop Bars Nightlife that's literally atop the rest of the world
- Top-10 Miami Hotspots Where to be seen in America's sexiest city
- Ibiza Summer Hotspots 2013 Where it happened in summer Ibiza
- Las Vegas Pool Clubs Best Summer Pool Clubs on the Strip for 2013