Music on the Rocks Cool cave for late Positano nights
After nightfall the village of Positano comes to a standstill as dinners wrap-up at an early 10pm and tourists slowly immigrate to their cheaper overnight accommodations in Sorrento and beyond. But at the end of the village, past the beach clubs, on the edge of the rocks towards the end of town neon light flickers to the bass of techno and pop dance music in the perfect stillness of Amalfi nightfall. Here you’ll find music on the rocks, quite literally, a nightclub and upstairs restaurant carved out of a waterfront outcropping that offers a beach club by day, terrace eatery by dusk, and happening nightclub by nightfall.
The interior of the club looks like an actual cave, located on the lower floor, with exposed rock walls and ceiling with white columns and illuminated pottery the give the feel of a Roman ruin. The club sprawls in smaller alcove s and nooks with white seating areas and main dance floor surrounded by upper-level VIP area that always reserved for pricey champagne service that runs upwards of 150-Euro per bottle. Upstairs is an all-day eatery known as the Terrace offering traditional Italian seafood faire with waterfront views in a quaff setting of posh rose drinks under a chic white canopy and flowing drapes.
By day, the terrace works a strong lunch crowd in addition to a waterfront beach club with lounge and beverage service.
Top 10 Lists
- New Nightlife - December 2013 NY to Tokyo, hot new nighctlubs standout for the season
- Best of Paris Nightlife Our Top-10 bars and dance clubs in Paris
- World's Top-10 Rooftop Bars Nightlife that's literally atop the rest of the world
- Top-10 Miami Hotspots Where to be seen in America's sexiest city
- Ibiza Summer Hotspots 2013 Where it's happening in summer Ibiza
- Las Vegas Pool Clubs Best Summer Pool Clubs on the Strip for 2013