Opal Lounge Gourmet appetizers and eye candy galore in Cape Town
There's little disputing that it's one of the prettiest spaces in Cape Town, Opal Lounge is a historic Victorian-era cottage accessed through a grand doorway and into a corridor with arched roofline leading to series of drawing room-like lounges and elegant main dining room. While most people know it as a restaurant, with its dark wall and baroque details, others consider it one of Cape Town best bars offering an upscale lounge scene inside one of the sexiest spaces in town.
Arranged in oversize sofas and Chippendale chairs ideal for groups of two to eight, a cozy bar scene unfolds everyday from 6pm till midnight with wine by the glass and special appetizer menu geared towards the area's upscale singles. During summer, the back patio even acts as wine bar overflow for late diners looking to eat in a more laid-back and playful environment with jazzy house music and occasional live ensemble.
The lounge menu includes staples like seared beef with mushroom coquettes, mushroom tortellini, mussels in lemon volute and prawn Caesar salad thatís sensational.
Industrial supper and VIP dance club in Cape Town
Member's Club and dance den thrives with local elite
Editorial: Michael Martin
Bang Bang Club
Stylish party bar with toughest door in town
VIP dance and live music scene in Cape Town
Editorial: Ann Vine
Gourmet appetizers and eye candy galore in Cape Town
Acclaimed restaurant with prized lounge bar in Gardens
Editorial: Ann Vine
Top 10 Lists
- New Nightlife - May 2013 NY to Tokyo, hot new nighctlubs standout for the season
- Best of Paris Nightlife Our Top-10 bars and dance clubs in Paris
- World's Top-10 Rooftop Bars Nightlife that's literally atop the rest of the world
- Top-10 Miami Hotspots Where to be seen in America's sexiest city
- Ibiza Summer Hotspots 2013 Where it happened in summer Ibiza
- Las Vegas Pool Clubs Best Summer Pool Clubs on the Strip for 2013