Andres Bouchee Stylish wine bar one of Carmel's few lounges
The nightlife scene in Carmel is enough to make an alcoholic cry, an anemic collection of restaurant bars that open late and close early to the chagrin of anyone looking at being home later than the late night news. Andre's Bouchee is located in a bistro space on Mission Street, two doors south of Ocean Avenue in the heart of Carmel-by-the-Sea, owned by local chef Andre Lemaire and wife Elizabeth who offer a French wine bar that's one of the cutest and least kitschy in all of Carmel.
Free of doilies or even floral wallpaper, the space is located behind a panel of glass within a gentlemanly dining room and wine bar with cellar detailing that's also home to Bouche wine shop. Drinkers and would-be wine customers usually arrive at a late 5pm, 30-minutes after it opens, to sort through evening vintages for dinner parties back at home. Diners arrive later, around 7pm, enjoying specially arranged tasting menus and pairings to compliment an array of bar appetizers or proper dinner in the dining room.
Don't expect a raging party, this wine bar is more couples than singles and probably best to BYO-companion or face drowning your loneliness in endless bottles of Monterey wines.
Hog’s Breath Inn
Clint Eastwood’s former village pub of boarish breath
Downtown drinking bar popular with tourists until dark
Editorial: Michael Martin
Top 10 Lists
- New Nightlife - January 2015 Leonora NYC, SLS in Vegas; the best of new January nightlife
- Best of Paris Nightlife From retro lounges to VIP romps, the best of Paris nightlife
- World's Best Rooftop Bars Nightlife that's literally atop the rest of the world
- Top-10 Miami Hotspots The season's hottest restaurants, hotels and nightlife
- Las Vegas Pool Clubs - 2014 The sexiest Summer Pool Clubs on the Las Vegas Strip
- Hollywood's Hottest Nightclubs Longest Lines and Tightest Doors of LA Nightlife