Maquin Glittery gourmand in central Innsbruck
This decadent dining institution made quite a splash when it opened in Innsbruck in the summer of 2006. Long a city where dining in a starry gourmand eatery included wood paneling and deer antlers, this restaurant and lounge offers a glittery playground of fine dining and socializing designed by one of Austria’s top interior designers. The space is divided between two levels, including a formal dining room and cocktail lounge as well as a café and bakery where take-out orders are available throughout the day.
payment optionsVisa, MasterCard, AmEx
table to getBanquette
special featuresCelebrity Chef, Designer Dining Room, Hip Clientele
A seasonal menu of locally sourced ingredients ranged between traditional Austrian staples with subtle undertones of Asian fusion cuisine. Meals begin with a selection of salmon or seafood appetizers as well as homemade pates and platters of carpaccio. Main course is a medley of wok vegetarian dishes, crown roast of lamb with caviar lentils and baked chicken dishes with a gourmet touch. For dessert are a selection of tortes that could intimidate even the best of bakers, as well as homemade ice creams and fruit-topped pastries.
Designer dining room isn’t all good looks and high fashion as notable chef blends elements of Asian and Austrian cuisine in beloved seasonal menu.
Pavillion Restaurant & Cafe
Glassy eatery is more than just architecture
Downtown gourmand offers all-day café and dining room
Editorial: Ryan Styler
Top 10 Lists
- Restaurant Openings - November Atherton in Hong Kong, Curtis Stone does truffles in LA; our top picks for October
- Top-10 Celebrity Restaurants Most beloved eateries of the world's rich and famous
- Top-10 Gastronomic Experiences Hot chefs defining a new global food movement
- Top-10 Power Lunch Hotspots Most important meal of the day for business travelers
- Summer's Top-10 Beach Clubs Somewhere in the world it's always beach club season
- Top-10 Party Restaurants Big city restaurants that mix food and late-night party scene