J&G Steakhouse Jean-Georges does desert hotpot in Scottsdale
Within a modern and elegant dining room at the center of main resort, acclaimed chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten brings a comfortable gourmet dining room to one of the Southwestís most prestigious desert retreats. Equal parts hotel eatery and swanky destination for local foodies, visitors arrive to a stunning design space of dark charcoal walls of stacked stone and indoor-outdoor lounge with crackling fireplace and open wall stretching out to an outdoor terrace with additional fireplace and endless desert sky. Translucent panels of white fabric divide separate area of the dining room, suspended with crystal chandeliers and pendant lighting.
payment optionsVisa, MasterCard, American Express
table to getTerrace
special featuresCelebrity Chef, Resort Restaurant, Upscale Decor, Lounge
This isnít your usual hotel restaurant, obvious from the name Jean-Georges and his virtual seal of culinary approval that comes with his J&G Steakhouse eatery at the ever-posh Phoenician. A nightly dinner menu include raw bar specialties like a shellfish platter, oysters by the dozen and chilled lobster with lemon aioli. Soups and salads include a decent French Onion and steamed shrimp salad with mushroom vinaigrette thatís a natural splash of summer. Heartier appetizers like crispy calamari and tuna tartar are good if not great, better are the terrine of foie gras or sweet pork belly with ginger confit. Main course is slow-cooked fish like a miso-crusted Halibut or milk-fed veal porterhouse thatís a good alternative to the 24-ounce porterhouse.
Don't expect your usual sedate Phoenician eatery, as this restaurants offers a more-modern setting than the traditional plush-decor of the surrounding hotel.
Top 10 Lists
- Restaurant Openings - January Atherton in Hong Kong, Curtis Stone does pomegranate; our top picks for January
- Top-10 Celebrity Restaurants Most beloved eateries of the world's rich and famous
- Top-10 Gastronomic Experiences Hot chefs defining a new global food movement
- Top-10 Power Lunch Hotspots Most important meal of the day for business travelers
- Summer's Top-10 Beach Clubs Somewhere in the world it's always beach club season
- Top-10 Party Restaurants Big city restaurants that mix food and late-night party scene