Esaki Tokyo eatery with 3-Star Michelin sustainable Japanese cuisine
You’ll struggle with it’s name which is actually Aoyama Esaki and you’ll likely make an indirect trip in the taxi that shuttles you to the residential neighborhood of Jingu-mae in Shibuya-ku. But once you arrive to this newly crowned 3-Star Michelin sushi eatery, you won’t regret how much work it was to get to the glass doorway with blessed noren that protects from evil spirits and likely crabby critics too. A simple architecture of marble floors and predominant sushi bar features minimalist walls with exposed concrete and high ceiling amongst simple cloth-free table with chunky three-legged chairs of tropical woods.
payment optionsVisa, MasterCard, American Express
hoursMon-Wed 6pm-11pm; Thu-Sat Noon-2pm, 6pm-11pm; closed Sun
table to getSushi Bar
special features3-Star Michelin, Hip Clientele, Sustainable Cuisine
A series of ala carte or better recommended 7 or 8-course presentations feature Japanese “safe food” that is actually locally-sourced organic produce and ethically harvested fish that include Kinki fish – a local delicacy. The western palette will consume many items unaccustomed to while at the restaurant, narrated by a staff with proficient enough English to comfort the squeamish eater. Prix-fixe menus ten to be lengthy albit not as time-consuming as other western eateries, quickly serving so many courses that you are barely left with any room for palette cleansing dessert at the end.
3-Star Michelin eatery in Tokyo feature minimalist space and once-in-a-lifetime meals of sustainable, organic Japanese cuisine.
Tokyo’s famous 2-star Michelin truffle rice at Kadowaki
Hidden lounge, incredible menus at prized Tokyo eatery
Editorial: Ann Vine
Simple, spectacular Kyoto cuisine in trendy Shibuya
Basement eatery does home-style Kyoto kitchen like no other
Editorial: Ann Vine
3-Star Michelin dining by Joel Robuchon in Tokyo
Robuchon chateau with bakery, café or full-gourmet experience
Editorial: Michael Martin
Top 10 Lists
- Restaurant Openings - October Atherton in Hong Kong, Curtis Stone does truffles in LA; our top picks for October
- Top-10 Celebrity Restaurants Most beloved eateries of the world's rich and famous
- Top-10 Gastronomic Experiences Hot chefs defining a new global food movement
- Top-10 Power Lunch Hotspots Most important meal of the day for business travelers
- Summer's Top-10 Beach Clubs Somewhere in the world it's always beach club season
- Top-10 Party Restaurants Big city restaurants that mix food and late-night party scene