Nichteri Restaurant Locally sourced farmhouse eatery on Kamarai Beach
Owned by well-known Santorini restaurateur Vassilis Nichteri, this Kamari Beach eatery operates from a glass-enclosed indoor eatery and more popular outdoor dining room situated under a white pavilion and canopy of olive trees. Charming farmhouse décor and subtle service disguise one of the island's top gourmet eateries with a kitchen pedigree unrivaled in Oia or Fira. Its location directly on the sea offer prime lunches and sunset dinners harked by honeymoon couples and in the know foodies that come in search of its locally sourced cuisine and renown chef.
payment optionsVisa, MasterCard, American Express
hours11am-11pm, daily (Apr. - Nov)
table to getTerrace
special featuresOutdoor Dining, Locally Sourced Cuisine, Beach Location
A traditional Greek menu begins with mezza selection of impeccable white eggplant salad, mashed peas known as Santorini Fava and octopus in red wine. Salads are tossed with locally grown vegetables for daily fresh Santorini salad with tomatoes and homemade feta, or butter lettuce with arrangement of shellfish. Main course includes standouts like salted cod branded in tomato puree, crispy shrimp in sweet kantaifi sauce and pork mavrodafni with fresh mushrooms.
Locals tend toward a later hour, no earlier than 10pm during busier summer months.
Historic, restored mansion home to Oia’s top restaurant
Rooftop terrace with sunset views over Santorini’s caldera
Editorial: Ann Vine
Chef Konstantina Faklair leads new location of Santorini’s Selene
Top Santorini eatery relocated to island’s countryside farmland
Editorial: Michael Martin
Oia's most famous eatery for a sunset view
American entrepreneur offers Oia eatery
Editorial: Angela Trotz
Top 10 Lists
- Restaurant Openings - May Springtime Paris, Aspen farm-to-table; our top picks for May
- Top-10 Celebrity Restaurants Most beloved eateries of the world's rich and famous
- Top-10 Gastronomic Experiences Hot chefs defining a new global food movement
- Top-10 Power Lunch Hotspots Most important meal of the day for business travelers
- Summer's Top-10 Beach Clubs Somewhere in the world it's always beach club season
- Top-10 Party Restaurants Big city restaurants that mix food and late-night party scene