Gastro Park Grant King proves why he's Syndey's latest it-chef
Some people know it as Grant King’s highly-praised standalone eatery in Kings Cross and others know it as one of the top restaurant openings to hit Sydney in years; Gastro Bistro is worthy of both accolades from its sleek and sexy space that offers late evening dining scene and stylish Friday and Saturday lunches. Mixing modern and rustic industrial elements, a grand main dining room features dark hardwood floors, simple naked tabletops surrounded in bent bistro chairs and retro warehouse lighting that illuminated the palate oohs-and-ahs of Sydney’s foodie elite.
payment optionsVisa, MasterCard, American Express
hoursTue - Thu: 8pm-2:00am, Fri. - Sat. 12pm - 3am
table to getMain Room
special featuresLounge, Rising Chef, Hip Clientele
A rotating menu is categorized in sections of snacks, entrees, mains and cheese courses. Meals begin with a band with dishes like prawn carpaccio with tune bone marrow, foie gras with wild hare and seared venison with wilted elk. Starters of smoked eel salad, duck variations and liquid butternut gnocchi show the true powers of a young, energetic star-chef. Main of breaded bass with sat doc, beef fillet with sweetbreads and slow-cooked quail convert even those not fond of the gastro-pun concept.
Sexy restaurant and lounge space showcases one of Sydney’s best chefs in a playful Kings Cross location.
Tetsuya still proves Sydney’s best Japanese eatery
Zen-space, epic chef near Sydney’s Darling Harbour
Editorial: Ann Vine
Grant King proves why he's Syndey's latest it-chef
Fashionable dining room leads new foodie era in Sydney
Editorial: Ann Vine
Longrain - Aussie spin on gourmet Thai
Sydney restaurant offers sexy social scene for foodies
Editorial: Michael Martin
Top 10 Lists
- Restaurant Openings - May 2013 This Month's Best Restaurant Openings
- Top-10 Celebrity Restaurants Most beloved eateries of the world's rich and famous
- Top-10 Gastronomic Experiences Hot chefs defining a new global food movement
- Top-10 Power Lunch Hotspots Most important meal of the day for business travelers
- Season's Top-10 Beach Clubs Somewhere in the world it's always beach club season
- Top-10 Party Restaurants Restaurants that mix food and late-night party scene