Ristorante Max Local-favored wine bar in touristy Positano
It’s one of the most beautiful settings on the Amalfi Coast, Max’s is a cozy wine bar and terrace restaurant located on a charming alleyway no more than two-shoulders wide in central Positano. A series of staircases wrapped in white plastering leads to a one-door entryway flanked by small lounge and hostess nook. The main interior dining room is a one-room library surrounded in oil paintings and hearty wooden tables conducive to long bottles of wine and conversations that pass from table to table. During warmer months an outdoor terrace features a garden setting awash in candle and moonlight with handholding couples.
priceBar, Outdoor Dining, Garden
payment options$$$$ ($45-$65)
table to getInside 2-Top
special featuresBar, Outdoor Dining, Garden
A mix of wine bar and casual bistro-style restaurant, a rotating menu of seasonal specialties is served in the dining room and lounge. Guests begin with an extensive selection of moderately priced wines and Proseccos offered by the bottle and glass. Soups and entrée size salads are served throughout the day as well as appetizers like fish and meats plates. Heartier entrée selections include daily seafood specialties and beef presentations that usually run out around midnight during high season.
Wine bar and gourmet lounge located within the Positano historical zone.
Restaurant at Il San Pietro
Michelin-Star restaurant at Il San Pietro
Dramatic dining room by ingenious Belgian chef
Editorial: Michael Martin
Don Alfonso 1890
Michelin-rated eatery near Sorrento and Positano
Farmhouse eatery and inn known throughout Italy
Editorial: Ann Vine
Top 10 Lists
- Restaurant Openings - March 2014 Best Restaurant Openings of the Month
- Top-10 Celebrity Restaurants Most beloved eateries of the world's rich and famous
- Top-10 Gastronomic Experiences Hot chefs defining a new global food movement
- Top-10 Power Lunch Hotspots Most important meal of the day for business travelers
- Season's Top-10 Beach Clubs Somewhere in the world it's always beach club season
- Top-10 Party Restaurants Restaurants that mix food and late-night party scene